Import - handling of import operations
The e-ICS service
The e-ICS service is delivered via the Revenue and Customs Electronic Services Portal (PUESC).
The service covers processes delivered by the AIS/ICS system (launched on 16 August 2016), interfaced with the ECIP/SEAP PL (European Customs Information Portal/ Single Electronic Access Point), PDR PL/UE (Reference data Subsystem), PKI, MCA, AES/Walidator, ZISAR (Integrated Risk Analysis System), Help Desk systems.
The AIS/ICS system enables economic operators to fulfill the obligation to submit the pre-arrival Entry Summary Declarations (ENS) electronically. ENS include safety and security data and they are submitted for goods that are to be brought into the customs territory of the Union from third countries. The ENS data are sent to customs office of first entry before the goods are brought into the customs territory of the Union. Based on this data customs authorities perform risk analysis – in particular – regarding security and safety aspects. However, the analysis also provides for the proper application of customs controls as well.
The AIS/ICS system also handles the exchange of electronic messages between:
- economic operators and customs authorities as regards the security and safety data and
- customs authorities both at national and the EU level. Concerning the national level, information is shared (1) about the arrival of a mean of transport and (2) concerning the presentation of goods at the designated customs office (or any other place designated or approved by the customs authorities or in the free zone). Regarding the EU level, the risk analysis and control results are shared between the customs authorities.
Communication conditions and rules of the AIS/ICS
The communication with a Customer takes place via the ECIP/SEAP. In order to exchange messages effectively, the following conditions need to be met:
- economic operator must be registered on the SISC;
- economic operator must create an account on the PUESC;
- economic operator must possess a valid certificate to sign documents electronically.
The document describing rules for registration within the e-Customer service (available in PL version only) specifies the access rules for customers. Having met the conditions to obtain access to the AIS/ICS System, Customers will be able to send messages via the following three communication channels:
- PUESC webpage: https://puesc.gov.pl
Benefits of the implementation of the e-ICS service
ENS are submitted to customs authorities in order to ensure proper conducting of risks analysis. The risk analysis is carried out on the basis of the criteria and standards common for all Member States with respect to safety and security aspects. Thanks to the harmonisation of the data scope included in the ENS, the common base for the EU-wide risk analysis is ensured. This results in faster and more precisely targeted customs controls.